Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Check-in - Water, Water, and More Water

One of the first things I started doing when I started my relaxed hair journey was increased the amount of water I drank. My goal started off small because I was not use to drinking a lot of water. I wanted to drink 32 ounces of water a day. That is actually half of the recommended 64 ounces. After a couple of weeks I went to 64 ounces a day. I saw such a difference in my hair and skin. Water flushes out things in our system that our body does not need. It is also essential to maintaining moisturized hair and skin. I eventually ended up drinking nothing but water. It was not on purpose at first. I just told myself I would not drink anything but water until I reached my 64 ounces for that day. What I found out was I did not want any sodas or juice then. I now have a soda maybe once every two weeks and I do not miss them. Getting 64 ounces of water is not as hard as I thought. I have a 33 ounce water bottle that I keep with me throughout the day. I found it easier to drink 2 large bottles than to have to drink several small bottles. At first I had to make a conscious effort to drink some every hour, but after a few weeks it just became second nature. It is important to drink the water throughout the day and not all at one time. I want to make sure that my body has time to absorb everything it needs. Who can commit to drinking 64 ounces a day with me (or if you already do), your body, skin, and hair will thank you for it.

2 comments:

  1. i'm doing 64 ounces daily now.... and you are so right about the skin and hair benefits. i was thinking of increasing to 128 ounces a day BUT that is waayyyy to many trips to the bathroom! HHG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I agree 128 might cause too many trips for me. I think 64 is the right amount for me. It really depends on your body and life style. If you are really active 126 might be the right amount for you.

    ReplyDelete