Saturday, February 2, 2013

Almost 6 months into my Hair Journey

I started my healthy hair journey in August of 2012, so I am almost at month 6. I am happy to report I can defiantly tell a huge difference in my hair. I know everyone says you can tell a difference in your thickness and overall health of your hair before you can see the length, and that is very true. I honestly did not start feeling a really big difference until the end of December. I relaxed my hair earlier this month and I was simply AMAZED when I washed my hair the week after my relaxer. It felt so much different and longer. I would have never guessed I would be able to air dry my hair like I can now. Because my hair is in better condition it does not tangle, frizz, and dry out like it would have when I air dried before my hair journey.

It gives me the conformation I need to continue on this journey. It has not been easy to retrain myself on how I handle my hair. There have been many nights I did not feel like moisturizing and sealing my hair. And many days I did not feel like washing and deep conditioning my hair (like today) but I always get it done.

I have been trimming away the past few days. I have probably trimmed one or two inches off. I am putting the scissors down now. I have cut off what I needed too. I think I will go back to deep conditioning my hair twice a week because I want to do everything I can to keep my hair moisturized. I feel like my birthday is coming up fast and I want to see as much growth as I can before then. I relaxed my hair the first week in January and I will not relax again until right before my birthday on April 13. Since I have been hard core trimming my new goal is to be full APL (maybe a little past) by my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment