Saturday, February 9, 2013

1st Mini Haul

I went to my favorite health store to pick up some oils, so I wanted to share with you guys what I got. I will probably be going back next week because they have 10x more from the last time that I went. I want to get some more essential oils like lavender and peppermint oil. The first thing I purchased was Life-flo cold pressed pure apricot oil 16 fl oz for $12.99.
Apricot oil is nothing new to my regimen. I started using it when I first started my hair journey, but I ran out in November because I had a much smaller bottle. It is a very light oil that I mix into my deep conditioner. The next product I picked up was Now Solutions Jojoba Oil 100% pure 4 fl oz for 12.99.

I have been wanting to try jojoba oil since I started my hair journey, but the price kept me away. So now that I am 6 months into this wonderful journey I figured why not??? I am going to start adding this to my deep conditioner and I might seal with it. I'm not sure because this bottle is pretty small, so I will be searching the Internet for a bigger bottle at a much better price before I start using it everyday. I also go Now Solutions Vegetable Glycerin 100% Pure- softens & Moisturizes multi-purpose 16 fl oz for 8.99.

I have wanted this since my hair inspiration PrettyWitty77 said she adds this to her moisturizer and my other hair inspiration Shorty2Sweet59 said she adds it to her deep conditioner. It is a humectant so it attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule according to naturallycurly.com. I plan on adding this to my moisturizing mix and to my deep conditioner like my hair inspirations to see if it gives me the same great benefits. I have been using honey in my conditioner and it made a huge difference and honey is a humectant also, so the glycerin will be replacing it. The last thing I purchased was Now Solutions Herbal Revival Conditioner Damage Control- Repairs & Strengthens damaged hair, SLS & Paraben free pH balanced 16 fl oz for 7.99.

I was not planning on picking this up. I grabbed it while I was in line checking out. I know that Now Solutions make great products and I had no idea that they had shampoos and conditioners. Because I do not use shampoo very often I did not look at any, but conditioner I go through that stuff like crazy. I am always on the look out of a good conditioner especially one that is SLS and Paraben free and contains great ingredients like this does. I will do a blog post on SLS and Parabens another time.

I definitely did not go into the store planning on spending as much as I did, but I picked up some things that I am excited about adding to my regimen.

Check out my video on this haul http://www.youtube.com/alwayschanging13

No comments:

Post a Comment