Monday, November 19, 2012

Making a Difference in Your Hair in 5 Minutes

December will be here before I know it so I started a new challenge today! I plan on styling my hair in under 5 minutes everyday until December 1. Low manipulation is something that I know I need to work on. Putting a time limit on myself will make me pay attention to how much I manipulate my hair.

In order to meet my 5 minute goal I plan on sleeping with a silk scarf on under my bonnet to make sure my hair is laying down flat in the morning. I am almost 8 weeks post so my new growth is starting to get thick. I think I will start back using S-Curl (only on my new growth) at night. Moisturized hair is a lot easier to deal with and that means faster styling. I did a little happy dance (in my head) today at work when one of my co-workers complimented my bun today. I was thinking to myself maybe this won't be so hard. Just because I have a 5 minute limit does not mean I can't jazz it up still by using hair accessories.

***I am also tweaking my regimen. Because I am focusing on low manipulation I am going to see how my hair reacts to co-washing once a week followed by a deep condition.***

Please subscribe and comment!

4 comments:

  1. Your 5 minute goal is a cool idea. Am sure the buns will help with retention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think protective styles have been the biggest help to retaining length. Thanks for subscribing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make a section dedicated to your regimen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a post about my regimen, it has changed a little. I am only co washing and deep conditioning once a week right now. I have to see how my hair reacts to this. I will try it for 2 or 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete