Sunday, December 2, 2012

3 Steps to a Great Hair Regimen

There are 3 main steps to keep in mind when you are creating a hair regimen:

  1. Keep your hair and scalp CLEAN
  2. Make sure your hair is well MOISTURIZED
  3. PROTECT your hair



Daily
Nightly
Wash Day
Clean Hair
Do Not Over Load Your Hair With Products




Moisturized Hair
Apply a water based moisturizer then seal with an oil of your choice.  This can be done at night or in the morning. I moisturize and seal in 4 sections at night. In the morning before I style my hair I moisturize and seal the ends of my hair.
Co wash 1-2x a week
Deep Condition 1-2x a week
Shampoo with a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo when you have build up.
Pre-poo before shampooing your hair. This means put conditioner or oil on your hair before shampooing. If you pre-poo your hair will not feel as stripped and dry after using shampoo.




Protected Hair
Wear protective styles as much as possible. I wear them daily, but try at least 2-3x a week.
Use a wide tooth comb when styling your hair. Use metal free hair bands when wearing your hair in a pony tail or bun.
Braid your hair or put it in a loose bun before bed. Always wear a silk/satin bonnet or use silk/satin pillowcases.
Wash your hair in the shower to help prevent knots and tangles.
Use a wide tooth comb when detangling.
I apply my leave-in conditioners then detangle after my hair is half about 25% dry. Some people detangle in the shower, some detangle while their hair is soaking wet, and some people detangle after they have air dried. Whatever you decide to do just make sure you take your time and detangle carefully.





As you learn more about your hair you will know when you need to tweak the regimen to adapt to your hair. 

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Check out the 21 Questions because I want to read yours. tag.http://www.ghanaianemprezz.com/2012/12/21-questions-hair-tag.html

    ReplyDelete