Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stopping Dry Hair In Its Tracks

I have been dealing with really dry hair the past few weeks and I think I know the cause. About a month ago I purchased a new conditioner. I love the way it smells! Its like coconut in a bottle. I was hoping to be able to use it as a daily moisturizer. I added equal parts water and conditioner in a spray bottle, then added a teaspoon of coconut oil to it. After purchasing vegetable glycerin I added a teaspoon to the mixture. I've been using this mixture for about 3 weeks. To my disappointment it doesn't do anything for my hair except make it smell good.

I have been using Elasta QP olive oil & mango butter since September and it is a great moisturizer, but it can weigh my hair down. So I am still on the hunt for a light weight moisturizer to use when I wear my hair down straight or in a braid/twist out. 

Using the Elasta QP will not be a problem for the next couple of months because I am on a hard core buns only mission. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Elasta QP too! But your right about it weighing down your hair if you use to much. Try Netrogena silk touch leave in. Its really moisturizing but I feel like I need something a little but heavier. If you find a moisturizing that works for you, please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recomendation I will try that after my stretch is over.

    ReplyDelete